Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Southbound

So just about the only way to see Daddy these days is to go to him. And, well, we really don't mind it that much. As long as he doesn't start working in North Dakota or something. Oh wait, we did go to Oklahoma. But, good for us these trips are South!


Even though we're together doesn't mean Daddy's working ends. He had a couple of day trips and even flew to Raleigh for a few days during our stay, but we kept ourselves occupied. Before he left we squeezed in a beach trip (to which I didn't even take my camera....GASP!) and some family time. While he was gone one day we shopped and had a girls day. I took Ella to a fun place I was sure she'd love and it didn't disappoint. Actually, she charmed our waiter so much he gave us a free appetizer, her some fancy drink that had strobe lights in the cup (to which I'm convinced the batteries will never die in), and all the inside info on the animals and happenings. Inside Rainforest Cafe, the (not real) animals make noises and there is a periodic thunder storm (again, not real). It was fun though.





After lunch and, oh, about six hours of shopping (no, I'm not kidding, and yes the mall is huge), she'd reached her limit. I said thanks with a carousel ride and Dippin Dots on the way to the car.

One day we ventured out for breakfast at the Original Pancake House before hitting the water and sun. This girl loves some pancakes.....


Daddy came back and then we headed North for a few days to meet up with some friends....


0 comments: