Sunday, May 22, 2011

36 Weeks (9 Months)



Pregnancy Highlights:


How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: Emily is the size of a crenshaw melon (don't ask me, ask BabyCenter). She should be about 6 pounds and 19 inches.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 12 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Yep, still squeezing into them (barely).

Gender: It's a girl! Emily Reese Shaddix. Can you believe it? We didn't wait until the hospital to give the poor child a middle name. I figured we would, which would've been fine too. ;)

Movement: Lots of moving. She has literally made a sore spot to the right of my bellybutton (looking down) from her bottom and back poking out.

Sleep: Sleeping? It's overrated, I think. May as well get used to it anyway... 

What I miss: Diet Coke, sleep, being able to move about freely, and an internal thermostat. Whew, I'm hot!

Cravings: Ice cold water is really all I crave. But I'll eat whatever else is offered.

Symptoms: Contractions (menstrual crampish. And very little of the real thing), waddling, limited mobility. She's gonna be worth it!

Best Moment this month: Just getting it all together. My list is complete, her room is mostly ready (still have a few wall decor items coming in I ordered), bags are packed with lists of what to add, baby gear is clean and sitting out, and I even made 7 meals that I froze for after her arrival and meals from loved ones (hint, hint ;)). I'm ready (in more ways than one) so c'mon little Emily!!! Ella's ready too: "Mom, is it summer yet? It is?!? Well when is Emily gonna be here?"

We've been living in a pool somewhere since school got out. It's my only place of reprieve. And since Ella has been in swimming lessons she pretty much turned into a fish. More on that in another post.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Only 12 lbs gained, that is awesome!! Way to go!!!