Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Move

Well, we did it. The Shad Shack relocated. We are beyond blessed with amazing family and friends who gave up hours of their time to help remodel and move. We couldn't have done it without you! Thank you!

What sweet memories we have at this house. It is where we came home to from our honeymoon, brought Ella home from the hospital, watched her crawl for the first time, take her first steps, and say her first words. I have dearly loved this house because of all the great memories it has provided us. But now it's just a house, and not a home....


However, slowly (and hopefully surely) our new house is becoming a home. Some things are orderly and organized,


And many others, not so much....







But beyond the boxes and piles are still all those things that I treasure most. We LOVE our new house (even if it's not "together" yet) and can't wait to build many memories it in.

One memory that I would LOVE to fade and become a distant memory is Ella's transition in this house. It's just not going well. Originally, before we moved in she told us, "Mommy and Daddy live in Ella's new house. I goin' live in Aunt Kora's house." Well she did indeed move in with us, and says she loves her new house. What she does not love is sleeping in it. I'm talking like I feel like I have a newborn again not going well. The child has literally slept in her bed, through the night since she was 10 weeks old. Now she doesn't want to go to bed and once I finally get her to bed she wakes up and doesn't want to go back to sleep. I'm exhausted and once this transition fades and everything feels a little more like home I'll be a much happier mama.

But....here's to a "Home Sweet Home!" I promise pics of more than just messes very soon...

1 comments:

Jenn McPherson said...

Poor Ella!! Believe me...I know it is so hard on them! Reese always says she wants to be at her real house...so sad!! Are y'all still in McDonough? I hope so!! Congrats!!