Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Trees...

Well, they're all up! Yep, all, I said. I somehow managed to squeeze 5 Christmas trees into our quaint, little home. I absolutely love Christmas, Christmas music, and especially Christmas trees. I also find myself loving the Shad Shack during this time of year; Christmas decorations just seem to make it feel so cozy. Without further ado, here's our Festival of Trees...

Of course the main tree took the longest to decorate. I was unsure of how Ella would handle all the "stuff" to go on the tree, and frankly I didn't want the stress of decorating it with her. Ella, hooks, and breakable ornaments just didn't seem like a good combination. One night after she'd gone to sleep, Earl got it all out for me. Our friends Ben and Brooke were over visiting, so while Brooke and I did this (notice George in our picture thanks to Ben)...





Earl and Ben did this...




Once Ella got up the next morning, she carefully inspected it. She played with the ornaments a little at first, but since has left it alone for the most part.



Here's the final product...


Last year Ella had a small tree, but this year she got a promotion. I think it's the cutest tree in the house- AND it matches her room decor. She helped a little with the decorating, but brown, plastic ornaments are nowhere to be found so I had to carefully monitor the glass ornaments.



I wish the tree in my room was this cute!!


The tree in our room...

The chili pepper tree in the breakfast...


And the small tree from Ella's room found itself happily sitting on our kitchen counter this year. It has no decorations, but maybe I'll find some on clearance after Christmas this year. No need to waste a good tree!



0 comments: