Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stone Mountain Christmas

There won't be much to this post, because there wasn't much to the night. I have been excited about taking Ella to Stone Mountain since last year, and even though we had a great time, I was disappointed. Saturday I bought tickets (discounted, I might add) and we made the trip up there...only to be told the park was closed due to the capacity limit and to turn around. So, like any good sport, we made the trip on Sunday night (which I thought was great- it was a school night so it shouldn't be crowded, right?) Wrong. The attractions closed early because it was a Sunday night, so basically Kora, Kate, Ella, and I ran to the Laser Show while the guys stood in the never ending line for the train. Once we finally got on the train, we sat on the wrong side so we couldn't see or hear much, and we missed the Snow Angel make her appearance along with snow and fireworks that I wanted to see the most of all!


If you want to see what the attractions are all about, visit my dearest, Felicia's blog. There's three or four posts on Stone Mountain- so you need to read them all to get the whole idea. Basically, it wasn't the park- it was simply not knowing what to expect, arriving too late, and most of it was a little over Ella's head. I'm just as convinced to give it a try another year as I am that this year's trip was a total waste of time and money.


Ok...enough complaining...we had a good time. Here's the pics...that's what you really want to see anyway! Sorry there's not more scenery- most of our trip was spent standing in line to wait for the train.












And can I just add that Dad, who was never excited about going in the first place, was a total joy the entire night. He had the best attitude and made the most out of every situation. Thanks Daddy! We Love You!

0 comments: