FOUR?!? Really I can't believe you're four. I mean you are an absolute blast. I'm enjoying and loving this age of discovery, learning, and yes, even pushing the limits. This year has been a big year for you. Since turning three you've become a big sister. And you're a great one. You're helpful when we need it, loving yet not consumed with Emily, and patient when she's upset or requires my attention. This year, you also went to school three days a week. You love school, your teachers, and your friends. You've learned so much this year. You can write your first name, most of the letters of the alphabet, and you know so much: your full name, address, colors (red and green you STILL confuse! The opthamologist swears that's not a symptom of color blindedness), shapes, days of the week, recognizing all the letters and numbers, count to 23, opposites, several bible verses, and you can draw things now (like a human body) that I can actually recognize. Watching your knowledge grow and develop amazes me and makes me so proud. Probably our biggest struggle with school is getting up in the mornings. But hey, you get that honest. You also played t-ball and learned to really swim. You enjoy things that are prissy and girly, but you also do a lot of getting sweaty and dirty, requiring lots of baths. I feel like this year you've grown leaps and bounds. You are such a little person now with such a sweet heart. You are generally kind and compassionate. And so affectionate. You've got a wonderful memory and prefer things "just so." You love to watch movies just like Daddy, and you remember so much of the words in the movies and also the songs on the radio. You LOVE to sing. You sing all the time and very loudly. Favorite songs this year have been "I Need You Now" (Lady Antebellum), "Just the Way You Are" (Bruno Mars), and "Lifesong" and "Glorious Day" (Casting Crowns). And you know just about all the words. It's hilarious. Your vocabulary is growing too. I can carry on converations with you like I would an adult most of the time. You still have some funny "Ella-isms" like putting an extra plural on words (pantses) or calling things funny names (like fairies are "fly girls"). You like to talk on the phone and you even know about texting. You ask me several times a week to take a picture of you and "text" it to Daddy. Speaking of phones, you're a pro on my iPhone. I mean, you literally cracked my security code by watching me enter it in so much. And you can work the thing better than I. You can play games, take pictures, and so much more. It's just funny. You're also a very independent player. You can go upstairs to the playroom and play by yourself for hours. You enjoy dressing up, playing with puzzles, coloring (you LOVE Crayola Color Wonder markers and books), and Barbies and Princess Dolls. You wear lots of 4T clothing and 4/5 (XS). We are about to leave the toddler clothes and enter the little girls' section, which I can't believe. You wear a size 10 or 11 shoe. Man, you're just growing so fast and I can't wait to see what this next year brings. I pray you continue your love for learning and your affection and concern for others. Happy 4th Birthday, Ella!
I love you so much sweet girl,
Mama
*Images by Taken by Tate





0 comments:
Post a Comment