One day earlier this summer, Meme found some information in our local paper about a princess parade. It would be held one Saturday morning at the square. And she knew our crazy, overly-obsessed princess would just love it. I was helping host a shower that day, so I was unable to go, but Daddy went and suprised her from his first week out of town since before Emily was born. The morning was a little chaotic to Meme and Daddy, but Ella had the time of her life. And she's still talking about it. She chose to wear her Cinderella outfit and Meme's next door neighbor (who is a hairdresser) even did "Cinder-Ella's" hair.
Oh yeah, this event was a free event which meant there were hundreds of princesses there. Literally. And being in July that meant no matter how early in the morning they held it there was only one way to describe the weather: hot.
Some of Henry County's finest princesses:
and of course our favorite one of the parade:
Lots of princesses meant long lines. Did I mention it was hot?!? Our little princess started melting (I think Daddy and Meme were too) but Daddy came to the rescue with water to cool her off before her big annoucement.
After the girls walked around the square, they had a chance to be announced and walk across the stage. Ella pretty much thought she was royalty from what I heard. Oh my...
After the parade, all the shoppes on the square were open to the princesses and gave out little goodies. At different stores Ella got a wand, a ring, and even a cupcake. She had a great time. I think Meme and Daddy just relished the A/C.
Ella found this picnic/tea set at one of the stores and had a fit over it. She actually got it for her birthday from her very own Prince Charming...Daddy.
I think it was a morning fit for a princess. Especially this one.




0 comments:
Post a Comment