Monday, May 14, 2012

11 Months


Emily, you are ELEVEN MONTHS old today!

At eleven months, you:
  • weigh 22lbs 8ozs and are 28.5 inches long.
  • wear a size 3 diaper, 12 months clothes, and a size 4 shoe.



  • take 25 ounces of formula. Currently your prescription is 100 grams of Periflex Junior, 30 grams of Periflex Infant, and 18 grams of Similac Advance. You were eating well but now I'm beginning to have to force feed you again. :( And I haven't missed it one bit. 105mg Phe from food.
  • You eat food really well. Depending on your hunger and willingness to eat your bottles, I will give you things that are high in phe (like peas or green beans) or low in phe (like squash or pears). You eat anything off a spoon or with your fingers. You LOVE the Gerber Little Crunchies. They look like little cheese puffs and you'll eat as many as I'll give you. You drink water from a sippy cup.



  • You have six teeth still. Four on top and two on the bottom. 
  • Sleep great. All night and two naps. Without your swaddle during naps and you just lay right down without a peep. You're my little sleepyhead and I love it.



  • Your phe levels have been all over the map. From high to in range to low. You've covered them all.
  • You talk and babble a lot. You have found new pitches (including a squeal/scream) and you practice them often. It totally bugs Ella, especially in the car. You say a few words: Ella, bye bye, hey, yay, Kate, and you can make the sounds of "thank you". It doesn't like it but that's what you're saying. I have begun this "na na" sound that I'm hoping soon will turn into Mama. A girl can hope!



  • You wave hey, bye bye, clap, give fives, and constantly instigate play with others. You're pretty stingy with your kisses, but you can give them. Especially to kids.
  • You constantly pivot yourself in a circle when sitting up. And that's primarily how you get things. Pivot, reach, pivot, reach, and repeat.



  • You pull up pretty well on people, and over the last couple of days you've tried to pull up on things. You're getting much more comfortable bending your knees, so that's good too. You love to walk with people. I can't decide what you will do first, crawl or walk.
  • You are so close to crawling! You go backwards, turn on your tummy, get your knees under you, and look like you're going to do it any second. Will you crawl by your first birthday? Who knows! 
  • Your interventionist from Babies Can't Wait says you are making progress, but you will be evaluated by a physical therapist next month just to be sure. We are trying the strategies suggested, but I can tell you are still pronating. Your feet sensitivity seems to be much, much better. I can hardly see symptoms of that at all when I massage your feet. Maybe since you spend more time on them nowadays, you feel more comfortable. :)
  • Have I mentioned you're social? Goodness gracious, once you warm up to people, you smile and flash those eyes. You're pretty good at reeling people in.



Your birthday is up next. I can not believe it. Really where has one year gone? You are such a stinker sometimes, and couldn't be sweeter others. And I love you every single moment of every single day.

0 comments: