...sweet land of Liberty. Land that I love. How "ironic" that I just opened my inbox for the first time in days to find an email with this story? Not very. I'm thinking God saved this for me just for today. I already knew what I read, but as I reviewed the information and pictures it seemed more real, more attention-getting today.
This weekend I've been able to spend time with family and friends. Totally enjoying the things that mean the most (which you know I will share with you). However, there are many, many families who don't have that same privilege. They can't see their most precious loved ones because they are sacrificing for you and me.
You might remember my dad's recent heart problems but if you go back and look closely at some of the pictures (I've created a link for you), you'll notice one of my dad's friends, Mark. They've grown close over the last few years and those two are more alike in more ways than anyone can imagine.
Sorry, I digress.
Anyway, Mark today is celebrating our country's freedom with only half of his family. He and his wife have 4 children, but today he is only able to celebrate with his daughter. Why? Because his 3 sons, Ryan, Jared, and Seth, are fighting for us, for our freedom in Afghanistan.

Please pray for the Callaways and the safe return of their precious sons. Also pray and be thankful for the thousands of other soldiers and their families as they make daily sacrifices for us. It is about pride and celebrating our country today, but it always comes with such a high cost. Please take a moment and read this article with more details on this family by clicking here.



1 comments:
Somehow, when I read your blog post about your dad when you first wrote it, I missed that that was Mark Callaway in the picture! We've known them for years!!!
Post a Comment