Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"My Yike Dine-saurs"

All along, when thinking about a costume for this year, I thought I would just use some of the many dress up clothes in Ella's arsenal for one cute outfit. Chef (maybe), cowgirl (my pick), but most certainly something girly. That is until Ella was asked: "What do you want to be for Halloween?" That's when out of the clear blue yonder I heard this, "My Yike Dine-saur" (I like dinosaurs). Has she ever mentioned a dinosaur before? Not exactly. While it came as a complete shock, I eventually embraced the idea. She's loved every minute of being a dinosaur since.

On Halloween, we had all of Ella's grandparents to our house for dinner to visit and see our dinosaur on display:










After our fun ended with the grandparents, we headed to see Kate. You'd think it had been weeks since we'd seen her.


A pumpkin patch and a dinosaur. Suckers in hand and ready for trick-or-treating.



Kate didn't just want to be a pumpkin, she wanted to be a "pumpkin patch." When you have a pumpkin costume, a pumpkin bag, and a pumpkin flashlight (not pictured) that makes a pumpkin patch, don't you think?!



Ah, yes, more suckers. Every opportunity she was given to choose her own candy she dug and dug until she found a treat attached to a stick. Don't even think about sending any suckers our way. We have enough to last us at least until she's ten!



Out of the 3 houses we went to, this was our only "traditional" trick or treating. The other two were giving out hot dogs and cotton candy.



3 houses was enough fun for us. Cold and wet were appropriate descriptions for the evening, so we turned in early and just had fun in the heat!



1 comments:

Felicia said...

well at least the dinosaur costume had purple in it! and well, now I know she and Preston are kindred spirits..you know how he is about those wolpops. :)