Ella's class kicked off their Easter festivities with an Easter Bonnet Parade. Although I've never heard of this before, it was probably one of the funniest 90 seconds I've ever seen. Basically the kids all wore these homemade tacky hats and paraded around the gym to "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" one time while all the parents took pictures of them. When we got the assignment I decided this project was something I was going to do on my own, without the help of my craft go-to girl, Meme. I went to the dollar store, bought anything I could find (including the hat), and stuck it all down with about 30 pounds of hot glue. Ella helped me place it all on the hat and she has been enamored with the outrageous looking thing since. Think Mama's Family meets Minnie Pearl...
After the parade, the kids went outside for their egg hunt. Notice mine still adorns her $7 hat...
These two were cooperating together so well to not take a picture.
And then the OCDness began as Ella started to count her eggs.




0 comments:
Post a Comment