Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BEWARE!!

Lock your doors, hide your children! No seriously, if you care about the ones you love do it! Why, you ask? Apparently the Shad Shack has some aggressive behavior on our hands! Today Ella had a fun filled play date with Aidan and Cooper. The boys were here for some two hours or more and MeMe had just come to pick them up. MeMe was playing with all three of them so I went into the other room for a second when I heard a blood curdling scream. Ella? No. Cooper? No. It was Aidan.

When I got into the living room I simply asked: "What happened?" That was until I looked at Aidan's face:


Ella bit (which is an understatement) him on the cheek! This picture was taken about 30 minutes after the incident occurred and the marks still look bad...as I'm sure they will for days to come.

I cannot express to you how utterly embarrassed and sorry I am. I know, things happen- but this is one terrible bite and I wouldn't want another child doing something like this to my baby. Well, I used to anyway...

Once again, my dearest Aidan and Lindsey, I am SO, SO sorry! For any of you parents out there have biters on your hands, I welcome your advice.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh, no! It happens, don't beat yourself up about it. Sorry little, Aidan, though!

Both mine bit. You won't like my answer. I swore I would never do it, but it worked for me. I bit them back. Noone call DFACS yet; my bite was nothing compared to theirs but it really really worked and I only had to do it once. I haven't bitten Preston back yet though; he seems to be outgrowing it on his own. :) Good Luck!

Mandy said...

Having worked in childcare, this happens all the time. Most parents blame it on their child learning it at school...but, your child stays home with you (just wanted to say that out loud to prove to those nonbelievers that kids will just do it and do not have to be shown!) It will pass, maybe not right away, but it will. I have heard of all the methods....hot sauce(terrible I know), bite back, time out, etc... If it continues, it will be hard to break, but my suggestion would be to just stay on top of her and see if it happens again, and then immediately remove her from the situation. Not really advice I guess, I didn't have a biter, but we play bit all the time. Good Luck! Maybe this was an isolated incident.