This couldn't be posted yesterday because I couldn't be peeled away from the TV long enough. Yep, I watched it all. From about 9:15am until Earl rolled his eyes and turned the channel himself (I think it was like 9:00pm). Not because I wanted to see "history in the making," (although I understand it is and do respect that) but because I'm a political dork. There, I said it. I watch all this kind of stuff. I took in all the commentary, all the speeches, even shed a few tears as I watched the 43rd president leave in a helicopter and head to Texas. Even will all that, this is what captivated me the most:

Little Sasha Obama. I love her energy, her true innocence, and the spontaneity she has. All that is so endearing about her, and most seven year olds I know. Not yesterday. Yesterday, I loved her outfit. This coat has GOT to be the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life. Don't worry: I researched this cute little coat. It's from J. Crew's Crewcuts line (that's their children's line). Although this coat is somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-$300 AND it's a children's line where sizes are too large for Ella at this point, I am still loving this coat. I can just picture my sweet little girl's head popping through that bright pink and orange coat (and gloves and scarf) and a big ole' bow on her head.
It's not enlightening or deep in theory or rhetoric..........but it was the cutest sight in all the coverage yesterday. Well, that's my take on it anyway.
0 comments:
Post a Comment