Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's Your Secret?

If you're a parent, you've got 'em. You know, those things you do just to buy you a few more minutes. The 'ole rabbit out of a hat trick. I was shopping in one of the most busy and my least favorite stores in the world. The one store you have to go to every now and then because they have everything and it's priced well below every other store on the planet. But that's why I hate it...everybody is always there. I don't even have to say the name and you already know where I'm talking about, don't you?

So, I was there a few days ago getting that list of much needed things. I had most of the items crossed off my list when the clock struck two: nap time. That's when it happened. She turned into a pumpkin. I was entirely too far in my progress to turn back now so I had to push ahead. In order to keep Ella occupied and get that shopping completed (and you know how I love, love to shop) I pulled my "rabbit" out of the hat:

If there's a problem on hand and you need a way out in our house, you simply pull up The Shad Shack blog on your cell phone, find a video with Ella's friends and family (the video that she is watching can be found here), and finish your task in peace and quiet. And, just to think, after all this time you thought I was blogging just for you...

0 comments: