Thursday, May 28, 2009

All American Meal

Does food get any more Classic American than this? Maybe if we were eating it in a 55 Chevy. Yesterday we went with GiGi to Atlanta and we stopped and ate lunch at Johnny Rockets. It's sort of a sentimental place, as I "frequented" the location at Underground often while I was in college (Right Kora and Mandy?) Anyway, this was most definitely much different than those days, but still the same amount of fun. Just a different kind of fun. And other than the neat singing and dancing (we were attached to a food court), Ella didn't miss one thing Johnny Rockets is known for on her first visit.

She got to sit in a bar stool all by herself and color her own hat, even though she wouldn't wear it (I think she's traumatized from all those Varsity hats I've shoved on her head).


She also was able to insert her nickel (and mine too) into the jukebox,

And select a song. Does anyone else find it ironic that she picked "Big Girls Don't Cry" as her song?



She is my child, so of course she enjoyed a chocolate milkshake. Actually, I was the one who drank out the Styrofoam cup with the lip on it. I guess she likes to see her "I crame" (ice cream, as she called it) as she eats it. Our waiter even lifted up the straws out of the holder (you know, like they do) to pick her very own. Ella liked that a lot!



If you have no idea what I'm talking about, or do but it's been a while...GO. Its a fun dining experience (not so low-fat, but fun). While you're there, reminisce about the good ole' days for me, will ya?

0 comments: