See this image on your product? It has created quite the phenomenon in our home. Seriously. I have always said I didn't like "characters." You, along with every other children's manufacturer put all types of licensed characters on the tackiest clothes, shoes, bags, bedding, and now even on diapers. What happened to plain white diapers? Following the comment that I didn't like characters, I would always say, "My child will never wear characters." What's the saying? Never say never. Oh yeah, that's right. I'm learning to eat my words, which ironically occurs quite frequently with children. Well, I'm still not caving on the clothes, but you leave me no choice. I had to get over the characters on the diapers. (The other alternative was Pooh). So now, all because of your doing, my child loves Elmo. She's a fanatic to say the least.
I also believe you had an accomplice in the form of Daddy, as his favorite was Sesame Street growing up. But still. She can spot an Elmo from a hundred miles away. Furthermore, those precious creatures flying through the sky are all, "Big Bird." So there you have it. YOU have created a monster. And, to quote another saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Although I'm not giving in on the apparel.





2 comments:
Kinley's always been drawn to Elmo too. I haven't fully embraced it yet either. I just assume it has to do with him being red and red being her favorite color since she's a dawg fan. Tell that to Sesame Street Loving Earl...
I hate characters too!! It drives Chris' mom nuts that I hate Disney stuff. I like the Disney movies okay but I hate the stuff that goes along with it. Ava hasn't seen Elmo yet so I don't know if she would like him or not. Right now she is into babies and beads.
Post a Comment