I really wanted to wait to show you our backyard, but I just can't. I'm too excited! The work and hard part is mostly complete, and Earl and I still need to add the things (like furniture and play equipment) so that we can actually use it. In due time, I suppose... Robby and his guys are amazing and I just can't say how much we truly love the finished product. There are probably very few of you that care about these pictures as much as I do. What was I thinking, of course you do! That's why you visit the Shad Shack in the first place, to see what's going on with us, right?!? Here goes:
This is the best "before" shot I have. It's my only regret about the whole process. No before pictures? What was I thinking? Let me paint the picture for you: MUD, weeds, trees, and a really bad hill that prevented any kind of use or enjoyment. Period.
Completion of Day 1: After taking out some of the not-so-pretty "wilderness," a patio and curbing for Ella's "area" were added as well as the beginning stages of the grading to rid our driveway (and shoes) of that glorious Georgia Red Clay!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Completion of Day 2: More grading was done; topsoil, mulch, and more concrete was poured in order to form "a more perfect union..." Just kidding, I couldn't resist...a connection between the driveway and patio that will provide more space for parking trailers, extra vehicles, or whatever we want. Also, you may overlook it in the pictures, but the curbing that extends off the extra concrete might seem unimportant, but I promise you if you've ever seen our driveway after rain you would think much differently.



Completion of Day 3: SOD!!!!, even more grading, even more topsoil, lots of hard work!


Completion of Day 4: Flowers and trees (all Robby's ideas, which I love- thank you!), spreading mulch, pine straw, etc., and clean up.
Did I mention that all of us just love it? Please understand that I am a female and probably have left out some major details of the process. Also, my descriptions and pictures don't give adequate justice to the amazing job everyone did. We are so thankful for your hard work! Robby, if you're reading this, don't hold it against me, please. :)







2 comments:
ok..first who knew you had SUCH a big back yard! You couldn't tell before! It is awesome!
Second, who is Robby..I need him to come to my house...
and...
third..congratulations!!!! I LOVE it! You're right to have to see to appreciate it and I am SO thrilled for you! I can see a big bday party coming soon! :)
It looks great!!! I know you are excited! :)
Post a Comment