Friday, September 19, 2008

What a Week!

WOW! This is truly the first opportunity since Sunday afternoon that I have been able to sit down in silence and do anything productive!

These past few days have been spent with family in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. It was an absolutely beautiful week and I think I can speak for everyone when I say a good time was had by all. My mom, Lindsey, her 2 boys, Ella, and I all packed up in the SAME car (yep- you heard that correctly) and headed up to see my Mamaw and Papaw. I think they were very glad to see us- and most likely are recuperating right now from all the noise and chatter of little ones throughout their home.

We saw some great sites, ate some good food (I would put my Mamaw up against any cook in the world), and visited some even more wonderful people. Of the many blessings I count each day- it is for such amazing grandparents that God has given me. They certainly are irreplaceable and I am so thankful that I (and Ella as well) was able to spend some time with them.


Here are the highlights of the week (I'll go ahead and apologize that I had to make the pictures smaller in order to fit everything):

Monday: We went to a local restaurant that is a "must-visit" on every trip to Pigeon Forge. Great country cooking and the best apple butter I've ever had. Yummy! Here were are walking around the orchards (L to R: Lindsey, Cooper, Mamaw, Mom, Aidan, Me, Ella). Afterwards we did a little shopping. :)



Tuesday: A visit to Ashville to see my uncle and family. My Uncle Marvin and his wife, and two of the three daughters recently relocated from Warner Robins. I was able to see them and the beautiful home and community in which they now live. Marvin, like his mom (Mamaw) is a great cook. We were able to eat some of that good cooking while away. I must say, however, that the hit was Ginger's Rice Krispy Treats! She made two batches and between us and the kids, most were gone before the night's end! Here's your blog debut, Uncle Marvin!



Striking a pose with the girls: (From L to R) Macie, Cooper, Kirsten, Mom, and Ella.


Wednesday: We hung out at Mamaw and Papaw's during the day. We took plenty of toys, but Ella and Cooper preferred other things. I think this drove Mamaw a little crazy




Later on that evening, we went to a dinner/theatre show in Pigeon Forge. Ella and I posed underneath a black bear at the Blackbear Jamboree.



The kids LOVED the show! Aidan and Ella were glued to the stage, dancing and clapping all night. Definitely a place I would love to take Ella again.


Did I mention there was food? Not just any food, but corn on the cob- and we know how much Ella loves that!


How neat to share some time with so many generations. Here's just a cute pic that I snapped of Ella with her great grandparents...I'll be glad I have these one day.


And here's the whole gang. We had to get MeMe in the picture in order to corral the kids for this shot!


It was what seemed like a whirlwind trip...but well worth the drive and putting up with three kids in the car. I can't wait to see them again!

0 comments: