Last night I traveled back in time to a huge part of my childhood: New Kids on the Block. They were the boy band of my day and I (along with my mom and dad) went to great lengths to feed the obsession. Want examples? How about standing for hours at Ticketmaster, driving friends and me to Atlanta hotels in hopes of catching one small glimpse of them, waiting at JC Penney just to meet their moms, buying huge buttons, shirts, sleeping bags, and other paraphernalia. And certainly last but not least: allowing me to put posters on the back of the door to my bedroom. This was a big deal folks. I couldn't have posters on my walls or anywhere visible like the outside of my door...but they let me put Jordan Knight all over the back of my door with tape. No holes, mind you. My mom says she has a picture of me almost 20 years ago at a NKOTB concert, and if I can dig it up I promise I'll share.
The good news is I now have current pictures of me at NKOTB. I think I had as much fun this go 'round as I did back in the day. Cathy, Kora, and I braved the weather and torrential downpours for these guys. We're still faithful fans, even after all these years...
Before NKOTB:
Sorry guys, but you missed your chances with 3 great catches. Your loss. We're all happily married now:
We had to get shirts! Since the ones we came in were wet, why not go ahead and change, right?
I heart you, Jordan Knight. Even if you can't take the place of my Earl, you can still sing those high notes that won my heart the first time.
They've still got the moves and, if I do say so myself, we still remembered most every word of those songs. Kinda like riding a bike, huh? Ok, maybe not.
After NKOTB:
Dinner with the girls: $8.00
Lawn Seats: $25 (with taxes and fees)
Being upgraded to uncovered seats because of rain: FREE
Hot Pink NKOTB T-Shirt: $45 (no, I'm not kidding)
Enjoying and reminiscing with amazing friends while seeing your first crush: Priceless
Here's to taking a mental picture of the night: Click, Click, Click.



0 comments:
Post a Comment