So, my last post was really just a trial run, but this one I really set out to see how this whole potty training "thing" would go.
I prepared the proper equipment,
entertainment,
and rewards.

Day 1: I promised myself I would give this disaster, I mean process, four wholehearted days. Following the advice in the book I read, I attempted to have a little "mini-lesson" with my darling student the morning that we embarked on this journey. Role playing would be the best explanation to call it. Just using a doll to take Ella through the entire process. She liked the "Emmy's" (M&Ms) part the best.

She sat on the potty like a champ, for extended periods of time. She went in the potty twice but had multiple accidents on the first day.
Day 2: We did have to leave the house for a portion of the day (which, I know, is breaking the "rules" because I put her back in diapers) but she started off first thing going in the potty, had a few accidents, and finished the day off with a successful trip to the potty.
Day 3: What happened? Seriously, I can best describe this day as if I had a brand new puppy. She went everywhere in the house but in the potty! After going she would notify me (if I didn't see it first) but saying, "Uh-oh, Mama, my potty." Ugh! If she can say it afterwards, don't you think she could say it just a tad sooner?
Day 4: Also we had to leave the house again, but in the afternoon she said, "My potty," and then went in the potty! That's the first time she's mentioned the potty before she went. So, we'll keep having the conversation, because I think that's what's helping her the most at this point.
She's still a little young, so I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. Ella is making progress, so I'm still in it for a few more days. If she doesn't pick it up by the end of the week we're taking a break (because our schedule is filling quickly for the summer) and waiting until she's a little older and a little more ready. But for now, I gave Ella and the potty both one point, because they've both made a little progress.








1 comments:
that is awesome how the last day she told you and then went! she'll have it down in NO time! I promise!
Post a Comment