Today was the first day of a large consignment sale in Gwinnett County that lasts a week. This is a kids consignment sale (hence the name) and has TONS of things. Everything is there- from clothes to toys to cribs to maternity clothes. This is a semi-annual sale, and so the items at this sale are for fall and winter. That's right...a bargain shopper's heaven! I don't profess to be a super bargain hunter, but I believe it is somewhere in my genes...plus Ella grows out of clothes so fast it's quiet the pocket picker to be buying clothes four times a year. And deep down, it is a lot of fun. I wanted to share with you the finds of the day. You'll notice only clothes and one toy. The clothes are just about new- in fact- some still have the tags on them. She had a few outfits already for this fall and winter that I bought at the end of the season last year, but now she seems pretty well established in her fall and winter wardrobe. The best part is that I paid a fraction of the price for some great looking clothes!
Since her birthday was not too long ago and we have so many great family and friends, she needs NO toys! This little "house" is very similar to a toy in her class at church that she absolutely loves. I decided that this was small enough to fit in the last open corner in our living room and this might encourage some appropriate opening and closing of doors (besides the cabinets). And...it was a great price...
As I went shopping today, Ella was able to spend some time with her GiGi and Pops. Once she got home, she went immediately to her new toy! She walked in and out of that door probably 30 times and closed and opened the door 130 times! Boy was I glad it wasn't my cabinet doors! And, suprisingly enough, she liked the mailbox that I thought she wouldn't even notice!



1 comments:
Hey you know the Kellytown sale starts tomorrow. I went last year but didn't really buy anything. I want a jumperoo so I am hoping to find one. I am at least going to check it out.
Post a Comment